While this information was initially for men, I found it to be beneficial to all. A good meaning for clean eating is meant only to inspire you. It’s hard to eat this way all the time….or is it?
A Good Meaning for Clean Eating
How to Eat Clean:
- Choose foods in their purest state, like a piece of fruit.
- Minimize the use of processed foods. If you can’t pronounce an ingredient on the label, you should probably think twice about choosing it to fuel your body.
- Eat foods at their peak season, such as strawberries in June.
- Preparing foods after you shop to have a supply of healthy food ready for eating or snacking is the best idea yet.
- Add a mix of lean proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats.
- Swap animal fats, like butter and cheese, for healthier unsaturated fats from plant foods, like nuts, avocados, and olive oil.
- Eat out less and cooking more at home using fresh ingredients. Try boosting flavor with herbs and spices rather than salt.
- Drink more water. Water is vital for the function of every organ system, helping to circulate oxygen and whisk away toxins. If you’re not a fan of plain water, try a squirt of lemon to add flavor.
- Balance your budget. Fresh and healthy doesn’t have to cost more. Focus on finding seasonal and locally grown foods.
- Embrace whole grains. Eating more whole grains reduces your risk of cardiovascular, infectious and respiratory diseases. Try eating a new-to-you grain, such as quinoa, barley, millet or wild rice, each week.