Soon you’ll be planning your July 4th celebrations with family and friends. What types of food are you looking for? For fun and perhaps something different, try this chia seed pudding 4th of July style!
You just can’t beat the benefits of chia seeds. This Chia Seed Pudding recipe can be a dessert or even a breakfast meal. Plus, it’s gluten-free and good for you! The recipe is super easy, and though it takes two days to prepare, it’s worth every minute. Enjoy! It’s too delicious not to share – so make extra to share at your 4th of July get-togethers!
Chia Seed Pudding 4th of July Style
The chia seeds give this dish a little crunch. Sometimes chia seed dissolves into small round clear balls, but they did not in this recipe, leaving it with a bit of crunch.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
- it’s considered a nutritional superfood
- helps fill you up
- is a weight loss gem
- 1 oz has 11g dietary fiber & 4g protein
I encourage you to do some background check on this little seed. If you’re following a healthy lifestyle, you’ll love what you find.
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk OR vanilla-flavored unsweetened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Two tbs pure maple syrup + 4 tsp for mixing with berries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until blended. Whisk in chia seeds; let stand 30 mins. Stir to distribute the seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in another medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 tsp maple syrup.
- Spoon pudding into four see-through bowls or glasses and top with berries and serve immediately.
Now that you’ve got a fun dessert for 4th of July, here is a fun 4th of July Centerpiece or holder to make from a drink holder, such as from Sonic. The holder can house your utensils and other tableware and anything else you can think of. See it here >>> RECYCLED 4TH OF JULY CENTERPIECE FROM DRINK HOLDER
AND for some patriotic sweets to make – check out these 20 Homemade Fourth of July Patriotic Sweet Treats