Inspired by Brody’s week at nature camp last week, I decided to make some more dirt dough. This DIY Dirt Dough Uncooked Playdough is a bit different than I’ve seen on the Internet as this one includes coffee grounds.
This dirt dough is such a cool idea, and it smells good too. You can add flavored coffee grounds for even a better smelling mixture.
Brody’s week at nature camp was a bit pricey, but I’m glad they gave me their recipe for dirt dough. Besides the dirt dough he made, the recipe and a t-shirt that’s pretty much all he came home with after it ended. He had a great time though, and that is what counts…really.
DIY Dirt Dough Uncooked Playdough
Uncooked playdough Instructions
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- coffee grounds
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of coffee liquid (optional, if needed)
- In a bowl mix water, salt, oil.
- Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough.
- Knead with hands – that’s the fun part!
- Add coffee grounds to your liking to form the dirt-like dough. I used 2 K-cups.
- Add liquid from coffee if needed, otherwise, add a bit more water if needed.
- Play hard. Have fun.
- Store covered in a ziplock bag.
coffee grounds play dough – the best!
As parents, we have to let go and let them do it, right? This dirt dough is one craft I allowed Brody to pretty much do all by himself. It was a little messy, but it cleaned up well. He had so much fun making his dirt dough, then played with it for hours, and that includes poking his fingers in it!
Here’s another fun DIY for kids to make…and this one they can use after they play with playdough! DIY Kid’s Natural Hand Soap
You May Also Like