Kids bored this summer? Not anymore! Get out your craft supplies and help them make these DIY Kid’s Natural Hand Soap Balls. They’ll stay clean all summer!!
Okay, I won’t lie, this is messy. Well, it was for us. My son had it everywhere, but you should see him want to wash his hands all the time now. No, telling him twice!! There’s something to be said about making all-natural products – and that goes for kids and adults alike!
These hand soap balls will be the most natural craft you’ve ever made if you can get through the messy part, you’ll have it made!!
DIY Kid’s Natural Hand Soap Balls
Yields: A lot of mini balls!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/8 cup of pure castile soap
- 4 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- a few drops of food coloring (optional, and we did not use)
- wax paper
- Measure and dump ingredients into a bowl. If using food coloring, use separate containers.
- Mix ingredients with a spoon until all clumps are gone, and the mixture is smooth.
- Dump the mixture from the bowl on a clean surface (such as a kitchen counter) and cover with wax paper.
- Knead the soap until it is completely smooth and no longer sticky. Roll into balls.
- Mold into tiny balls and use one at the sink immediately – no really – do it!!
Note – The balls we made are too big. Make yours smaller, and you’ll have tons of them.
My son couldn’t wait to take his nightly bath and guess what he used as soap – It’s a win-win in my house!!
Lots of suds!
If you enjoy making crafts like these DIY kid’s natural hand soap balls, then you’ll love the other products I’ve made too. For more homemade natural products, check these out.
This DIY Bubble Bath recipes for kids (and adults) has been popular over the years.