With all the gluten-free flours on the market, these days and the fact that they are available in all grocery stores makes it easier to bake gluten-free any time. Here are homemade Gluten-free Almond Oat Bran Muffins to add to your collection.
Moist, easy, good-for-you, and fills you up are just a few reasons you’ll want to make these gluten-free muffins.
Gluten-free Almond Oat Bran Muffins
Not all gluten-free bakery items are right for you, but if you bake it yourself, you’re sure to get nothing but what you put in it. So use the best ingredients.
Gluten-free Almond Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
Makes 24 small muffins
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal I bought in bulk)
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup = 2 large carrots, grated
- A large apple, peel and all – chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup almond milk (sweet or unsweet)
- Two eggs
*Make sure to get the gluten-free version.
- Mix first eight ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix rest of ingredients in with flour mixture to combine (do not over mix)
- Grease 2 muffin pans or use paper cups
- Spoon in about 1/3 full
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes
- Serve warm
I like to involve my son in all my baking, and he loves to help me. It’s good that kids learn to bake because it teaches them some basics about cooking, such as measuring and temperatures. I highly recommend them doing small jobs, especially when they are young. My son likes to put the paper cups in the muffin pan, which I think is a perfect job for him.
This recipe makes plenty so you’ll have some to enjoy and some to give to your neighbor should you want to. Otherwise, I suggest freezing a few for later on.
Here’s to baking gluten-free and loving these Gluten-free Almond Oat Bran Muffins. Excellent breakfast food for on-the-go!
If you’ve decided to live a healthier, happier life by embracing a gluten-free lifestyle, then you will want to see my other gluten-free recipes.