Here’s a sweet cookie for your gluten-free Valentine. These cookies are sure to make them want to hug you! Enjoy these gluten-free chocolate chunk cookies for Valentine’s Day.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies for Valentine’s Day
I LOVE this time of year for baking. Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be a good day unless something baked were either given or received don’t you think so? I bake from scratch so that I can put in my own ingredients and the amount. Sometimes I like to switch out ingredients to make my recipes healthier, and sometimes I leave out an ingredient that I don’t think is needed.
For this Gluten-free Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe, I didn’t have to sway from the recipe at all because the products I used are from a very reputable healthy company that I love!!
Lucky me!! I received several baking products from Nutiva during the Christmas holidays that I didn’t even expect. That was a pleasant surprise!! I’ve been swamped lately, so I decided to make these delicious chocolate chunk cookies straight from a recipe card that came with the package of products from Nutiva.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Shortening
- 2 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- One egg
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour; sifted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Blend shortening, coconut oil, and egg in a mixer.
- Add coconut sugar, honey, and vanilla; blend until creamy
- Sift coconut flour and add to almond flour and salt
- Mix into wet ingredients; combine for 30 seconds into a soft dough. Let sit for 5 minutes to firm. The dough will be tacky; if too wet, add 1 tbsp almond flour & mix well. (I did not have to add extra flour to mine)
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place dough in a bowl and stir in chocolate chunks by hand
- Spoon out cookie dough and press into 2″ cookie forms on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly brown
- Cool on rack
Mine may not have turned out like the cookies on Nutiva’s recipe card, but the taste…I’m sure is the same: A crunchy cookie with large chunks of dark chocolate with a hint of coconut – Yum Yum!! Most importantly, my family loved them.
Enjoy your Valentine baking and let me know what you’re conjuring up in your kitchen for Valentine’s Day!! Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies for Valentine’s Day
You May Also Like