Don’t forget your guests with gluten and dairy allergies this holiday season. These easy & delicious gluten-free chunky almond chocolate cookies are dairy free too and will be a delight to serve on your dessert platter for the holidays. AND I promise your gluten-free friends will love them!
Gluten-Free Chunky Almond Chocolate Cookies
Inspired by an online recipe cookbook, I made these my own with a few additions and deletions. I added my tips and special touch to make these cookies one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. I’m proud to share it with you all. You will not be able to eat just one…I promise!!
The texture of these cookies are chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside…now that equals a perfect cookie to me!! It would get the “Cookie of the Year” Award if I entered!!!
Makes two dozen
- 1 cup unsalted crunchy almond butter (buy NaturAlmond Butter at Central Market)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar (or raw sugar)
- One large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces (the bar showing in the photo is 4 oz. and you truly do not need that much…use only 3 and eat the rest!!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chunks.
- Shape dough into small balls, making sure to get at least 4 or 5 small chocolate chunks in each ball, place onto parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet 5-8 mins, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Bake the other dozen same way, on the same baking sheet if you wish.
Note: You can bake all two dozen together on two different lined baking sheets if you prefer. Mine never come out the same, so I bake each baking sheet separately.
I also found out if you tuck in the chocolate chunks inside the dough so you can’t see them, the cookies won’t all come out with the chocolate on the outside like some of mine did. I guess if you don’t care about presentation, it wouldn’t matter. They all taste the same!!
This cookie recipe is also flour-free and is an excellent alternative to the white flours that we’ve been using for years in our baking. Make a batch for you and one to give as a gift! Happy Baking!!
If you enjoy this Gluten-Free Chunky Almond Chocolate Cookies, then you will love these!