Tea parties are so much fun for little girls as well as for us grown-ups. Tea parties are typically for a small group and serve lots of fun pastries and cakes. But what about us that are gluten-free? I have made the best gluten free lavender tea party muffins for your tea party or to take with you if you get invited to one. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Lavender Tea Party Muffins
Yields 12 small tea party muffins.
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 14 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla exact
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 tbs culinary lavender buds (optional)
- 1 tbs sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- tsp culinary lavender buds (for sprinkling on top, optional)
- Mix first seven ingredients together – leaving out coconut oil and lavender oil – in a medium bowl.
- Next, in a small bowl or cup mix the coconut oil and lavender oil THEN add to mixture. It’s always best to add EO’s with something else instead of dropping into a mixture so to make sure it gets distributed all over and not just in one or two spots.
- Stir all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add in culinary lavender buds if using.
- Pour batter into muffin pan lined with paper liners. I used small paper cups that I bought on Tuesday Morning. Fill cups evenly. To make six large muffins use larger liners and fill 2/3 full.
- After mixing the sugar and extra lavender buds, sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Gently stir in lavender buds if you’re using them. You don’t have to put in too much as they will give your muffins an extra “lavender” taste.
Be sure to add essential oil to coconut oil THEN pour into the mixture – doing it this way will make sure that the EO gets distributed evenly into the mix.
You may also like