My husband and I haven’t pushed the issue with him yet, as I’m sure he’ll grow out of it soon. However, if he doesn’t, we will continue to use real underwear for nighttime protection.
Keep Kids Confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear
About three months ago I decided to buy a GoodNites TruFit Starter Pack because I was tired of purchasing nighttime pull-ups all the time and figured I could save money by buying underwear that I could reuse. GoodNites are real underwear with removable inserts. They hold up very well and look very similar to the underwear Brody wears during the day. I couldn’t believe how he took them so quickly. He loves them; he only wishes they came in orange – which is his favorite color!!
Brody’s a confident kid in and out of his GoodNites underwear. Now, if he’s still wetting the bed next year at this time, we may have a bit of a challenge! But it’s great to know there is underwear that’s discreet for older kids who are still wetting the bed at night.
I did some research on bedwetting in older kids and found that wetting the bed at night is not the child’s fault at all. It’s estimated that 1 in 6 children between the ages of 4-12 in the US suffers from bedwetting? My 7-year-old grandson still wets at night. When he comes to visit, he likes to wear Brody’s GoodNites and not the pull-ups his Nana packs for him. They look like real underwear – just ask Brody!
Boy wearing GoodNites
Keep kids confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear
I’m not a mom who likes to wash sheets all the time, so I’ve never put Brody to bed without protection. He doesn’t always wet at night, but at least we have clean sheets every night. I’m sure I’ve already spent thousands on nighttime protection, but I like what GoodNites have to offer. You’ll buy the GoodNites TruFit Starter Pack once (which includes two pairs of underwear and five removable inserts), then all you have to buy is the refill pack (pictured below).
Tips from a Mommy who has been using GoodNites TruFit for a while now
- Before placing underwear in the drawer, insert the pad in the underwear so that way it’s ready to be put on when you need it.
- Pads may look too big when inserting them, but trust me they fit snug, and that’s how you will want them to fit.
- Here’s a tip not every parent might want to do – but I do reuse the pad if Brody doesn’t wet in it.
- Start your child in GoodNites TruFit Underwear when they are young so it won’t be a big deal if they still need to wear them when they are 7 or 8.
- Don’t make a big deal about bedwetting at night. It might just make matters worse and prolong the wetting.
- Have your child take out the wet pad himself and put it in the trash. If he’s young like mine, tell him that he’s a big boy for doing so.
- Don’t feed kids foods at night that makes them thirsty. Salty foods make my son very thirsty!!
- Don’t rush it…AND…it’s okay that older children wet the bed at night…you’re not alone at all.
- You CAN Keep Kids Confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear!
Here is a fantastic diaper bag with cooler, three-piece luggage set – backpack kid, backpack luggage, and a backpack with a lunchbox. Click on the photo below to check it out.
I also wrote a post on TIPS FOR MANAGING NIGHTTIME BEDWETTING IN OLDER KIDS which includes information about GoodNites Bedtime Disposable Pants that are handy when on the go.
Keep Kids Confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear.
You May Also Like