I didn’t set out to make it like this, but I kept adding more and more to it, and there you go!! Here’s my DIY Sparkly Halloween Tree.
How this tree came about:
A long-time online friend messaged me a note showing me a cute fall tree made from a tomato cage because it reminded her of me and she thought I’d like it and could make it. I told her I had a tomato cage and that I could make that, so I set out to make it. It was cute and simple……
I literally went outside to my garden and pulled out the tomato cage right from the garden. This was our first year to garden, so we really weren’t sure what we were doing, and therefore, did not get too many tomatoes.
When I got to Hobby Lobby to buy what supplies I didn’t have, I saw the price of the garland, and at $20 each, I would have had to buy at least 4 of them. So I thought to use something different, and picked up everything that was on sale. All fall items were on sale at that time…except of course those other garlands.
So here’s my “fall” tree. Boring, uh?
I didn’t really like it, so I decided to make it into a Halloween tree.
DIY Sparkly Halloween Tree
Supplies I used for this Halloween tree:
- Tomato cage
- 8 or 9 Black or brown garland (I used brown b/c it was on sale)
- Fall burnt orange garland
- Christmas lights or any kind of lite up lights will do
- Small pumpkins I found at Walmart
- Halloween (large) Confetti I made into a Paper craft (click to see it)
- Witches hat
- Black and orange tulle
- A few Halloween decor sticks with skeleton, pumpkins, spiders, etc.
- Use anything you can find that you like for decorations – be original!!
- Clean off tomato cage if you were like me and grabbed it right out of the garden – or purchase one at Home Depot.
- Turn tomato cage upside down with the spikes up. Larger part is downward. Turn spikes down in cage – you will not use them.
- Place lights inside of cage and around the wire. Make sure the cord is long enough to plug in to outlet. You may need an extension cord. I did. Get 20ft or longer lights. NOTE: I put garland on first, but I think it would be easier to put lights on before the garland. You decide.
- Start wrapping garland around tree. More the merrier here.
- If using tulle tie around the tree
- Place pumpkins all around
- Stick in Halloween sticks
- Add more if you would like
- Place witches hat on top….and enjoy!!