To LOVE the taste of chocolate brownies is an understatement, but have you tried it grain-free? You really don’t need white flour to make a great dessert that everyone will love. I almost guarantee you’ll love this Paleo Grain-Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe. Let me know in a comment.
Another awesome dessert recipe I stole from my Practical Paleo recipe cookbook my husband gave to me for Christmas. I did tweak it a little, as I always do. The original recipe called for bacon. I did not want to add bacon to mine. That’s just one tweak I did.
Paleo Grain-Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 4 oz dark chocolate* (I like to use 70% cacao or higher)
- 1/2 cup butter* – the good kind like Kerrygold or use same amount coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBL strong coffee
- 2 TBL fine coffee grounds
- Walnuts (optional)
- Medium or large bowl, sifter, 9 x 9″ Square pan, parchment paper
*melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a med. or large bowl (not a saucepan like I used), combine melted and cooled dark chocolate and butter, and the pure maple syrup, and eggs.
- Slowly sift the cocoa powder over the wet ingredients, mixing it evenly.
- Add the strong coffee and the coffee grounds, and stir until well combined.
- Add in walnuts (1/2 cup) if using them.
- Line a 9 x 9″ square pan with parchment paper, and fill the pan with brownie batter.
- Bake approx. 30 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Top with walnuts (optional)
Use a larger bowl – this saucepan was too small – what a mess!
I like adding parchment paper or wax paper, then pouring my batter in – it comes out so nicely.
If you don’t care about eating Paleo, top these decadent chocolate brownies with some delicious ice cream!! Fruit is always good too.
I hope you enjoy this Paleo Grain-Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe. What’s your latest dessert that you’ve made from scratch?
You May Also Like