For a unique Valentine’s Day card for your child’s classmates here are the cutest paper hearts Valentine’s cards you and your Pre-schooler can make at home!
Paper Hearts Valentine’s Cards you and your Pre-schooler can make at home!
Here’s all you need:
- One sheet of two-sided 12 x 12 card stock or “heavy” decorative paper
- Glue dots or two-sided tape
- Paper cutter or a ruler & scissors
- stamp (optional)
- Cut 12 1-in strips
- Fold each strip over and make a crease – switching out the different designs on each side
- Put 2 glue dots in between the creased area about an inch up
- Then flip over sides and place 2 glue dots at the bottom inside to make the heart shape
- I wrote “to my friend” on one side and my son’s name on the other
Easy, uh? I didn’t think I needed to show every step. I hope I’m right. Just play with it and you’ll figure it out…I promise. I’m still trying
to find a way Brody can help me with this project though. I know it’s best that we let our little ones get their hands in crafting, especially
when it’s for his friends, but I’m having a hard time with that…he’s such a busy little kid.
I know a lot of you will go out and buy those darling mini Valentine cards to give out to your child’s class…and to be perfectly honest I would too if I wasn’t such a crafter. Plus I had time on my hands.
I also made these cute Valentine treats to go along with the paper hearts. So each child got one paper heart and one treat.
I was going to have Brody help me put the candy in the bags but something more important came about so Brody left the room…..Scooby Dooby Doo on TV!!!
Enjoy your Valentine’s with your kiddos. I’ve started mine early and since I did, perhaps others can have time to make these cute simple Valentine’s cards and treats!!
Here’s another sweet craft for the teacher – Valentine Candy Cones