It’s easy to bake desserts for healthy lifestyle people by using “better for you” ingredients. That’s just what I’ve done here. I think you’ll enjoy my Homemade Apple Pecan Squares.
As a person with a sweet tooth, and a love for good tasting desserts, I often cringe at the ingredients I read on the labels. So, I make my own desserts, especially in the Fall season. Today, I’m sharing this Homemade Apple Pecan Squares made with “better for you” ingredients for all my healthy eating readers!!
Homemade Apple Pecan Squares
You may not be able to have just one, so prepare yourself!
Do your prepping first for this recipe. I have a habit of not reading a recipe through before I start, and I sometimes wish I had. So, I’d like to prepare you for what you’ll need just in case you’re like me.
- The oven doesn’t have to be preheated before you begin. There’s enough time to do that after making the crust.
- You’ll need a 9″ x 13″ baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Three medium bowls needed or reusing a bowl is good too.
- Make room in your freezer to store crust for ten mins.
- The recipe will need to cool for about 2 hours before cutting it into squares.
- Oh, and this dessert is better warmed up.
Brisk days ahead calls for yummy Fall desserts….don’t they? Here in Texas, we are still waiting for those brisk days. However, I’m not waiting because we might not get that beautiful fall weather until October! I love to bake, especially in the Fall, and I’ve already started with two desserts. Here’s an Apple Pull-Apart Bread and yummy Homemade Crispy Salted Ginger Cookies that are perfect with a cup of hot coffee or cocoa.