It’s that time of the year when we are thinking about what we can do to get our family outdoors. While camping and hiking will probably be high on the list, we want to keep in mind that while we’re out and about, we need to be mindful of our environment. With the help of Nomadik, we’ve come up with some simple tips to take care of the great outdoors while having fun.
Nomadik provided me with their MAY complimentary adventure box called Reduce-Recycle-Reuse to help facilitate this post.
Simple Tips to Take Care of the Great Outdoors
My son and I will be going on our first road trip adventure next month since the mandatory COVID-19 homestay came about. After schooling him at home for eight weeks, this will be a much-needed and a much-deserved trip. We are only going two hours from our home, but it will be in the great outdoors. Have you heard of Getaway? There are only a few camp houses around, but three areas are in Texas.
We want to take care of the environment, and it’s a must that I teach my son to do so. He is a Cub Scout, and they, of course, teach him this too. As a matter of fact, he’ll be crossing over to Arrow Of Light (AOL) on Monday. His dad and I are so proud of him.
Take Care of the Great Outdoors with These Tips
- You’ll want to invest in a high-end reusable water bottle – One that will last. Say goodbye to plastic and save money at the same time.
- You know the ole Boy Scout motto – “Leave No Trave Behind.” If you don’t know what that means or have never heard of it, it means to clean up after yourself when you leave an area. After camping for the weekend, make sure you leave nothing behind. Leave the area the way you found it.
- Organize your gear in reusable bags or totes. Again, say no to plastic bags that grocery stores use. You’ll find two types of reusable bags in the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle May Nomadik Subscription Box.
- Reuse materials you already have at home for new purposes, such as lint and toilet paper roll for an instant fire starter!
- If you haven’t already, put a box or some type of container in the kitchen and the garage for you to recycle your paper easily, plastic, cans, cardboard, etc.
- Start a compost bin at home for all your recycled food scraps. Your garden will thank you.
And, while you and your family are outdoors camping, hiking, or whatever you do to enjoy the great outdoors, think of ways you can give back to our planet. I’d love to hear your ideas!
Brody and I decided to do number 4 above. Since we are at home a lot lately, we have an abundance of toilet paper rolls, so we used them, or should I say – reused them!
As we travel from one place to another, our responsibility towards the environment also increases. A good traveler tries to reduce their carbon footprints by minimizing the use of plastic and carrying their water bottles. By caring about the environment, we are presently in will ensure our actions will not threaten the wildlife and surroundings. Products inside the Nomadik May subscription box will help you do just that. See the list below.
Products Inside Nomadik’s May Subscription Box
- LEUS ECO Wash Bag – camping and dirty clothes just go together. Throw your dirty clothes in this bag and give them a wash in nearby water. By doing so, you’re helping keep our water streams clean.
- Coalatree Java Socks – good quality sustainably hiking socks made with recycled coffee grounds and plastic bottles that help fight odors.
- United by Blue Packable Tote – a lightweight, reusable packable tote to transport your goods. There are also two exterior pockets for extras.
Ordering dates are April 15 – May 14. Ships May 24-27.
Things Inside Nomadik Subscription Boxes
Each month, there’s something different in each box. These things below or just some of the items you’ll find. The number of items differs also.
- travel tips
- survival guides
- and more
Here’s a sneak peek into the JUNE Nomadik Subscription Box. Get ready for summer! Cool gadgets in this box for a killer adventure emergency kit.
Available – May 15, 2020
You May Also Like