Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment in which you live, but don’t know where to start? Here are simple ways anyone can go green right now.
Is the thought of going green hard for you to digest? You don’t have to give up everything you love. There’s various shades of green – light green, medium green, or outright dark green. No matter the shade of green you are striving for, you can start now by doing the things below. My affiliate links are in this post so you know where to find the things I’m referring to. If anyone was to purchase from one of the links within post, FGM would get a small commission.
Simple Ways Anyone Can Go Green Right Now
Just so you know, there’s costly ways to go green, such as buying an electric car, building an architectural green home, or you can even switch out all your kitchen cabinets for bamboo veneers, but that’s not what I’m talking about here. There’s plenty of inexpensive ways to go green right now.
Ways to Go Green right now:
- No straw please – don’t ask for one, don’t take one
- Switch to LED light bulbs
- Take along reusable bags to the grocery store…and don’t forget to take them inside the store with you!
- Invest in a recycling bin or use the one your city left at your curb
- Buy cloth diapers
- Place a small kitchen compost by your sink or underneath the sink to put your food scraps in
- Invest in a compost to put those kitchen scraps in and other scraps from the yard.
- Minimize your junk at home and at the office. Get rid of it if you haven’t used it in the last year
- Eliminate deadly toxins from your home – inspect your cleaning products
- We all know this one – Go paperless
- Teach your kids how to save the earth with these cute books
I just want to say that I’m not at all dark green, but more light green. There are a few things I just haven’t given up and probably never will. Want to know what they are? Of course you do. Perfume is one. I love my Calvin Klein perfume and that new one by Jennifer Aniston. I also get my hair highlighted and wear all kinds of makeup…and when nothing else works, I go for the bleach.
The hardest part for me about going green, is getting these two (above) to get on the bandwagon of going green. Geesh!
Small changes go far. The best place to start is in your home. Though we might not can all afford to install solar panels for our homes, but we can start by recycling plastics, aluminum, electronics, cardboard, etc.
These truly are simple ways anyone can go green right now. Which will you do first?