Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment in which you live, but don’t know where to start? Here are simple ways anyone can go green right now.
Is the thought of going green hard for you to digest? You don’t have to give up everything you love. There are various shades of green – light green, medium green, or outright dark green. No matter the shade of green you are striving for, you can start now by doing the things below. My affiliate links are in this post, so you know where to find the things I’m referring to. If anyone were to purchase from one of the links within this post, FGM would get a small commission.
Simple Ways Anyone Can Go Green Right Now
Just so you know, there are costly ways to go green, such as buying an electric car, building an architectural green home, or you can even switch out all your kitchen cabinets for bamboo veneers, but that’s not what I’m talking about here. There’s plenty of inexpensive ways to go green right now.
How to Go Green right now
- No straw please – don’t ask for one, don’t take one.
- Switch to LED light bulbs.
- Take along reusable bags to the grocery store…and don’t forget to take them inside the store with you!
- Invest in a recycling bin or use the one your city left at your curb.
- Buy cloth diapers.
- Place a small kitchen compost by your sink or underneath the sink to put your food scraps in.
- Invest in a composter to put those kitchen scraps in and other scraps from the yard.
- Minimize your junk at home and the office. Get rid of it if you haven’t used it in the last year.
- Eliminate deadly toxins from your home – inspect your cleaning products. Invest in Grove Collaborative. You will not regret it.
- We all know this one – Go paperless.
- Teach your kids how to save the earth by buying books on the subject.
Have you heard of Thrive?
Thrive Market is on a mission to make healthy living accessible and affordable for everyone. We are an online marketplace that offers all the non-GMO, Organic, Gluten-Free, and Vegan foods and healthy products you love at 25-50% below retail price and all shipped right to your front door. For every paid membership we receive, we provide a free membership to a low-income family, teacher, or veteran.
Right now you can get an extra 25% OFF your first order + a 30-day free trial membership when you sign up at Thrive Market! (Valid on orders $49+, max $20 discount) Ends April 30, 2019.
Going Green Step by Step
I just want to say that I’m not dark green, but more of a light green person. There are a few things I just haven’t given up. Want to know what they are? Of course, you do. Perfume is one. I love my Calvin Klein perfume and that new one by Jennifer Aniston. Also, my hair is chemically highlighted and I wear all kinds of high-quality crappy makeup (I’m sure).
The hardest part for me about going green is getting these two (above) to get on the bandwagon with me.
Small changes go far.
The best place to start is in your home. Though most of us can’t afford to install solar panels for our homes, we can certainly start by recycling plastics, aluminum, electronics, cardboard, etc. Agree?
These genuinely are simple ways anyone can go green right now. Which will you do first?
Going green will do our environment some good!
You May Also Like