Whether you’re looking for cookies to make for an upcoming tea party, mom’s group, Valentine’s Day or for all three combined. These Tea Party Lavender Shortbread Cookies will make lovely cookies for any occasion.
Tea Party Lavender Shortbread Cookies
These favorite lavender shortbread cookies will compliment any luncheon spread that your office might be having, or a tea party you and or your daughter are invited to, especially the heart-shaped ones. Aren’t they cute? Not hard to make at all, just be sure to use butter in the recipe and not coconut oil or another type of oil. I’d also go as far as saying, only use real butter and not margarine. Butter is real and will give it a better flavor. Margarine is fake butter.
Lavender Shortbread Cookies Recipe
In my recipes, I always suggest using better-for-you ingredients, but the choice is yours. Either way, these lavender shortbread cookies will be easy to make. Serve them to your guests or at an office party or mom’s group.
- Two cups Kerrygold butter softened*
- 1 cup 365 Everyday Value (Whole Foods) Organic Cane Sugar or Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached All-purpose White Flour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh lavender
- extra lavender buds for sprinkling on top, optional
*Butter gives shortbread cookies a better flavor, so be sure to use only butter in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Stir in vanilla
- Add flour; mix well
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to form cookies (other shaped cookie cutters too, if you have them on hand)
- Place unbaked cookies on a baking sheet
- Bake 10 -12 minutes or until golden on the edges
- Let cool on a baking rack
Serve on a tray with fresh lavender stems.
Other occasions to serve tea party cookies
- baby showers
- hosting a direct sales party
- little girl’s birthday celebrations (affiliate link)
- teacher luncheon
- spa day with your besties
- new parent celebration
- just because they are cute!
Enjoy these Tea Party Lavender Shortbread Cookies!
You May Also Like