Where do I start! Raising a toddler in my menopause years is tough. So severe, I thought I would list a few of my tips dealing with menopause and raising a toddler. Anybody else in my shoes?
Look at this picture. It was taken a while back, but it’s one of my favs.
Tips dealing with menopause and raising a Toddler
Menopause – your exhausted, sleep deprivation, depressed, anxious, stressed
Raising a toddler – your exhausted, sleep deprivation (ours still comes to our bed at night), depressed, anxious, stressed – yes, it happens especially when your little one is an active little boy!!
This isn’t your mother’s menopause
Here are a few tips on how to deal with menopause while raising a toddler/preschooler
- Take time to relax – spend a weekend alone or with girlfriends – It DOES do you right.
- Talk to your spouse – tell him what’s going on in your body and ask him for help with the little one.
- When hot flashes arise stay out of the kitchen! No really – if you must take your clothes off go in another room OR make a joke about it.
- When your emotions get out of hand (and they will), remember to breathe deep and count to 15 – it does work!
- Yoga is great for me – do some type of exercise at a studio, gym or even at home – get the little one involved. Yoga is great for kids too.
- Menopause can interrupt your sleep – it’s okay to take something to help you sleep! There’s plenty out there – find what works for you.
- Yes, you will gain weight – at least I am(not did but am). Sorry, but this one’s got me stumped. Brody eats all day (3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day) – guess what? So do I. I eat what he eats, and I eat what he doesn’t eat. I’ve never been so hungry!
Not sure why menopause isn’t discussed more among women these days. I think all my friends have gone through it or is going through it, but I knew nothing about menopause until I started going through it. My mom didn’t explain it to me or how it affected her life. I do know now that she did not have hot flashes as I have experienced. Whew! Thank goodness it comes and goes. Just remember – these symptoms too shall pass.
You May Also Like
DIY All Natural Body Powder (for those hot flashes)