Face it, we all like to snack. Whether we are looking for a better choice of snacks for our family or trying to cut down on sweets, upgrade your snacks to these healthy treats and feel better?
There’s no denying that everyone, at one time or another, has had a snack attack. Views on snacking differ. Some feel that snacking is bad and that eating between meals leads to weight gain. Others believe that eating many small meals and snacks throughout the day is healthy for maintaining energy levels and optimal weight. If there were one way of snacking that was right for everyone, we would all be doing it!
Upgrade your Snacks to these Healthy Treats
thinking about how to create a life that is nourishing and truly satisfying.
Here are some suggestions:
- Snack on things that don’t come in a plastic wrapper or a box
- Fresh fruit, like blackberries
- Leftover vegetables or rice cakes with almond butter or fruit spread
- Make your own signature trail mix
- Organic hot chocolate made with almond milk sweetened with agave nectar
- Blue corn chips with hummus
Or you can Upgrade your snacks:
- If you are craving something crunchy, upgrade from potato chips to raw carrots, apples or whole grain crackers.
- If you are craving a candy bar, upgrade to a handful of nuts and dried fruit.
- Instead of a cup of coffee, upgrade to green tea.
- Instead of ice cream, upgrade to applesauce with cinnamon or yogurt with fresh fruit